Tuesday

Dr. 58 -- Session 14

Question: Dr. 58, before we get started with some other information, can you tell us when your next Pepper Ball match will be played?


ANSWER: WE MEET THE SCORPION FORCE ON THE FESTIVAL OF KEEVE.

Question: Ah ha. They sound tough. Do they have an excellent Trac Man, capable of enduring incredible pain?

ANSWER: WE PLAN TO TEST HIM WELL.

Question: What is this Festival of Keeve?

ANSWER: A GATHERING OF THE PUBLIC BATHS, THE SHARING OF FOOD, MODULATIONS OF STARLIGHT INFUSIONS, AND FIREPHANES.

Question: (Exerting enormous self control to forgo asking about what the firephanes are, and possibly get carried down another rabbit hole). Ah, more starlight cultural stuff. This starlight thing and celestial water really informs almost every aspect of your life and culture, does it not?

ANSWER: YES, OF COURSE.

(Note: I will release more on all this starlight stuff later. We conducted a couple of sessions to get to the bottom of this. These were lengthy and sometimes convoluted, and I’m not sure how to best present the original transcript because they are so long and often tedious -- although I know some will want to see them).

However, in short:

In Dr. 58’s America, a complex system of social meaning has developed around the infusion and mixture of starlight with human consciousness, which is somehow optically captured in diamond or crystal or glass objects, which people culturally and spiritually attach themselves to, and give personal and social meaning to.

Most people wear a starlight “jewel” at the base of their throats which resonates their “affiliation” with particular kinds of starlight.

There are 6 bands of starlight spectrum, and these are additionally refined by 6 different magnitudes of star -- but there are also “special quality” celestial lights, such as those derived from specific star clusters, as with the Quetzal Cluster already mentioned.

I’m pretty sure the Quetzal Cluster is that which we call the Pleiades, based on our discussion. Some infuse “celestial water” not with starlight, per se, but that from Messier objects, such as the Andromeda nebula, or the Orion nebula, ect.

So, people who are “projecting” or “displaying” the Quetzal Cluster light, for example, are making a kind of public statement about who they are and what they are about, and every quality of color and magnitude of starlight has instant, deep and nuanced meaning to everyone.

The throat jewel of Dr. 58’s world reminds me a lot of the “Bindi” which are worn on the forehead by Hindi people of India, who also attach a specific array of meaning to these kind of adornments -- although the comparison is far from perfect.

While the Indian Bindi are religious in nature, the Dr. 58 starlight infusions are part hard science, part philosophy, part social engineering, part religious -- it’s actually difficult for me to understand this rather complex psycho-social phenomenon in Dr.58’s world.

Also, unlike the Bindi, starlight infused objects are used to adorn households and “inform” public places of art and various modes of worship.

Still, it’s tempting to think that there is a alternate universe cultural connection or influence of the Hindu “Bindi” practice with Dr. 58’s America -- since this entire nutty world seems to be a crazy blending of all kinds of things we have here -- but mixed up together in a totally different way over there.

It’s pretty mind-numbingly complex … and so back to raw session material).


Question: Dr. 58, what chance do you think the Waspmen of Ker have of defeating the Scorpion Force? Can you give me odds?

ANSWER: I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

Question: Well, would you say you are evenly matched with the Scorpion Force, or are they a much more powerful team than your Waspmen, or what is the case?

ANSWER: THE SCORPION FORCE PLAY WELL. THEIR TRAC MAN IS STOUT, BUT I BELIEVE WE CAN MAKE HIM SUBMIT.

Question: So you would say you are evenly matched, that either side could win this Pepper Ball game?

ANSWER: YES, POSSIBLY.

(Note: The reason I was pursuing this line of questioning is that my friend Les, who observed the Pepper Ball session, suggested we should start wagering on Pepper Ball if we could. I agreed.

I decided to place my bet on the Waspmen and Les will agree to place his wager on whoever the Waspmen play next. When I learned of their next opponent, the Scorpion Force, I informed Les and he agreed will bet on the Scorpions, especially after I told him that Dr. 8 suggested even odds. I originally wanted to place a wager of 10 C-Chits, but Les is not, well, attuned to manufacturing C-Chits nor sees the practicality, so we decided on something much more earthy. If the Waspmen win, Les has agreed to change the oil in my car. If the Scorpion Force win, I must help Les clean his garage.)

Question: Dr. 58, I urge you and the Waspmen to play well on the Festival of Keeve. I have made a certain wager on the match and I depend on your victory.

ANSWER: DO YOU ATTEMPT TO MEDDLE WITH A HEX?

Question: Nooooo!!!!!! Quite the opposite! I urge you onto victory so I don’t have to perform a task of labor for a friend!! For the millionth time, I do not have the power of Hex! Do you understand?

ANSWER WHAT ABOUT PLAN 9?

Question: Gahhh!!!! How do you know about Plan 9!!??

ANSWER: OTHERS HAVE INFORMED ME OF YOUR POWER TO IMPOSE PLAN 9.

Question: Are you speaking of the being who we have come to call the Man Thing Entity?

ANSWER: IT WAS A BEING OF THE KINGDOM. IT SAID YOU RECOMMEND THAT I VISIT MINNESOTA.

Question: The entity is a liar!!!!!!!! It suggested that I encourage you to visit Minnesota. I said that I would not do so, nor would I interfere with your plans in any way. I don’t trust the Man Thing Entity. I threatened him with Plan 9 to get rid of him. Are you planning to travel to Minnesota?

ANSWER: I WOULD NOT SAY YES OR NO.

Question: Fine! Plan 9 is nothing for you to worry about, I assure you of that. Do you believe me?

ANSWER: I RESERVE JUDGMENT.

(Note: Obviously this was a sticky situation. I did not want to tell Dr. 58 that Plan 9 was just a bunch of nonsense I had concocted it to blow off the Man Thing Entity. For all I knew, the Man Thing Entity is always listening in on all of our conversations. If it found out I was bluffing about Plan 9, well … that would be annoying to say the least).

Question: I assure you that you have nothing to worry about in regards to Plan 9, nor any hexes, and at any rate, I can assure you with 100 percent honesty that Plan 9 is not a method of hex, but something of a quite different nature. So, anyway, Dr. 58, when is the Festival of Keeve?

ANSWER: ON THE NEXT MOON TRIUM.

Question: What is that?

ANSWER: THE THREE DAYS OF THE MOON -- GIBBOUS-FULL-GIBBOUS.

Question: Ah, so the day before the full moon, the day of the full moon, and the day after the full moon?

ANSWER: YES

Question: And how many days it that from now?

ANSWER: IN 9 DAYS.

Question: Great! Well, train well for your upcoming Pepper Ball match against the Scorpion Force, and I wish you a great victory! As I said, I am betting on you. Will many people be observing the match?

ANSWER: YES.

Question: One last thing, I understand that you communicated with a certain Gefraim of the Staff Guild. Did he consult with you on the construction of your own personal staff?

ANSWER: YES.

Question: What are your thoughts on this?

ANSWER: I SEE BENEFIT IN THE IDEA.

Question: Did Gefraim recommend you coat your staff in blood?

ANSWER: YES.

Question: And will you comply?

ANSWER: YES, I THINK SO.

Question: What wood did Gefraim recommend for your staff?

ANSWER: OAK.

Question: Hmmm. He said I should use willow. Anyway, we must sign off for now, Dr. 58. We are tired. Once again, good luck against the Scorpion Force!

ANSWER: OUR TRAC MAN SANDS HIS SKIN DAILY. WE WILL PERFORM WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment